Wolfe XF - Edgeless Paddle - 3K Carbon Fiber and Graphite
New for 2018 : Our XF Paddle has 4 Layers and a Smaller Honeycomb Core for Durability !
The Wolfe Sports XF 3K is an Edgeless Carbon Fiber Pickleball Paddle. It is identical to our X3 but it does not have a plastic edge. Some players prefer not to have a plastic edge, if you are one of them then this paddle is for you. It is a very unique design. As it does not have a plastic edge guard it is prone to chipping if you hit the paddle on the ground, if you are an aggressive player we suggest you choose the X3 paddle which is the same paddle but with an edge guard. This paddle was designed from the ground up to be strong, light and durable.
Important features to note about a paddle are the edge or lack thereof, the handle grip, the core of the paddle and the surface of the paddle. As an edgeless paddle the edge is smooth and does not have a lip on the side of the paddle. There are padded grips to provide an excellent balance between comfort and control. It has an Aluminum honeycomb core which is strong and light.
Smaller Aluminum Honeycomb Core
At the center of every paddle is the core. Some cores are merely cardboard while we use aluminum for strength and to keep the weight down. The aluminum is in a honeycomb pattern. Our Honeycomb core has very small honeycombs which allow the impact to be distributed among more cores and creates a more durable paddle.
The surface is a unique 4 layer design. The first layer is a Resin applied on top of the Small Honeycomb Core. The second layer is Fiberglass and the third layer is Graphite. Finally the fourth layer is an interwoven Carbon Fiber.
These four layers create a paddle and surface that is very strong and durable, all while being lightweight. It is super strong and weighs in at 7.3 ounces.
Edgeless but with a Carbon Fiber Edge !
We have upgraded the edge of the paddle for our new 2018 models. The edge is filled and then wrapped in carbon fiber. The Graphite surface is wrapped around the edge creating a unique smooth face and edge as it flows perfectly from one side to the next.
- This paddle has a unique Edgeless design, a smooth round edge. As it does not have an edge guard it is prone to chipping if you hit the paddle on the ground, if you are an aggressive player we suggest you choose the X3 which is the same paddle but with an edge guard.
- Carbon Fiber edge. The edge is filled and then wrapped in carbon fiber.
- The surface is made up of 4 layers as follows: a Resin layer, Fiberglass layer, then topped with Graphite and finally a 3K Carbon Fiber which make the paddle surface very strong and durable
- The core of the paddle is an Aluminum Honeycomb Core which is light, strong and durable.
- Specifications: Length is 15.5” , Width is 7.625 , Grip: 4.25 Inches , Weight: 7.3 ounces (ranges from 7.1 to 7.5)
- Comes with a Paddle case as shown in the pictures.
The paddle was tested by IFP/USAPA, the International and U.S. Pickleball Association. It meets all specifications and is accepted for tournament play. Play with confidence and play with the best.
"I love EVERYTHING about Pickleball, but mostly the people I've met and play with. Steve Altis was the first person I met and he is a great guy and loves Pickleball as much as I do! I've only been playing a little over a year, but I feel like I've known these great friends forever! I would rather play Pickleball than do anything else!! It's just so FUN! I like the noise it makes when the paddle hits the ball, I like that it's good exercise without seeming like you're exercising, I like that it starts with a P, I like learning more and more about the game, and I like trying to get better, and I love laughing and that usually happens at some point while we play :)"
(Winning with an XF)
We Also Recommend